Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jambalaya My Way

Jambalaya My Way








1pkg Hillshire Farm Kielbasa Sausage
1 Bell Pepper, chopped {any color}
1 Serrano Pepper, chopped
1 Jalapeño, chopped
1 Medium or Large Onion, chopped
Garlic, minced {as much as you like}
1 8oz can Tomato Sauce {or bigger depending on how much rice you use}
Paprika
Oregano
Thyme leaves {crushed}
Garlic Salt
Onion Salt
1 Cup white rice
Once I got home and got everything put away I chopped up the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and serrano pepper. I put them all together in a container and put the garlic in with it. Set it back in the fridge until it was time to get dinner done, that way I don't have to do it later. Once you are ready to start dinner take the sausage out of the package {I usually rinse mine off} and cut it in half.


After cutting it in half I cut the pieces in 1/2 moons. Depending on my mood, sometimes I will leave them whole rounds, or I will take the round and quarter them. It's all up to you on how you want to cut them.


Once your sausage is cut put it in a hot pot, I set it on medium-high. Once the sausage is in I sprinkle on the onion salt, garlic salt, paprika, oreagno, and thyme leaves. {I just sprinkle enough over to do a coat of each one} Mix it around and keep cooking. Then I add the container of goods, {onion, bell pepper, serrano, jalapeno, & garlic}. Cooking till onions are soft and flavor is coming out.


Once that is ready I add 1 cup of rice, no sauce or water yet. Stir the rice in with everything to get it coated with all the seasonings. Cook it for about a minute or two. Then add the tomato sauce. Mix in. Fill the 8oz can about 3/4 of the way full of water and add to the mix. Stir and reduce heat to medium and cover. 


You will have to check back about after 5 minutes or so. Then Voa-la!




I do apologize, I am not good with time. It just eyeball it and know when to go back and look. I will try to update this again when I know exact times. lol




★ Crissy Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment